Last updated : October 2019
This Website is operated by, and is the property of, the Complexe Chirurgical CMC located at 999 De Salaberry Street, Montreal, Quebec, H3L 1L2, Canada.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
All text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, illustrations and computer codes (collectively, the “Content“) are owned and controlled by us. The Content is protected by copyright, patent, trademark and other laws relating to intellectual property and unfair competition.
When you submit content as part of your use of the Website, including a comment or article for publication (“User Content“), you represent and warrant that the User Content respects copyright, patent, trademark and other intellectual property rights. You represent and warrant that you are the author of the User Content. You grant us a worldwide, revocable, exclusive, royalty-free, fully transferable and perpetual license regarding the use of the User Content.
If you wish to use our Blog, you must comply with these rules (your “Obligations“). In case of non-compliance with your Obligations, we reserve the right to suspend your right to use the Blog.
- We ask you to respect the other users of the Website, including our Blog, as well as their opinions. At all times, you must express yourself respectfully. We do not tolerate violent, discriminatory, or otherwise non-respectful language, including intimidation or degradation of individuals on the basis of religion, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, citizenship, age or marital status.
- You agree to respect other users’ fundamental rights, such as the right to free association and free expression, when exchanging with them.
- You may not impersonalize another individual, including by expressing opinions on behalf of a third party without express consent to that effect.
- The User Content must not be threatening, harassing, defamatory, deceptive, fraudulent, likely to infringe the privacy of another individual, unlawful or otherwise in violation of applicable laws.
- You may not act to disrupt or interfere with the peaceful use of the Website, including our Blog, by other users.
- You agree not to use any device, software, computer program or other tool, computer or otherwise, to harm or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Website, including our Blog, or the use of the Website, including our Blog, by a third party.
- You may not decompile, hack, disable, interfere or modify the Website, including our Blog, or the Content.
- You may not probe, analyze, or test the vulnerability of the Website, including our Blog, or any network connected to it, or otherwise breach the security and authentication policies of the Blog or any network connected to it.
- You may not compile or attempt to compile data about other users of the Website, including our Blog, including, without limitation, personal data.
- You may not communicate with the other users to send unsolicited, promotional or electronic messages that would otherwise be considered as “spam”.
- The User Content must not contain advertising or promotional messages, except with our prior consent.
- You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an excessive or unreasonable burden on the infrastructure of our Website, including our Blog, or our systems or networks.
- You may not encourage, assist, permit, induce or authorize any third party to do any of the things mentioned above.
We reserve the right to disable all Linked Sites without notice.
Respect for Privacy
Comments on the Blog are public.
Articles and information published on our Blog are for discussion purposes and is not for medical purposes or professional, legal or medical advice. Subject to applicable laws, we accept no responsibility for the Content.
The use of the Internet is not without risk and it is up to you to take precautions. Our Blog is offered “as is” and “subject to availability”. We do not guarantee that your use of the Blog will be free of viruses, contaminants or other malware.
We do not warrant that the Website, including the Content, will be error-free, uninterrupted, reliable, complete, or that any defects will be corrected, or that the use of the Blog will produce specific results. Content may be changed without notice.
Subject to applicable laws, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. We do not accept any liability for the actions, omissions and behaviour of third parties relating to the use of the Website. You assume full responsibility for your use of the Website.
The opinions expressed by the authors of the articles are their personal opinions and do not necessarily represent our opinion. The opinions in the comments are those of their authors and are binding only on them.
Your only recourse in case of dissatisfaction with the Website is to stop using the Website.
Our disclaimers above are for all damages or loss due to any failure to perform, error, omission, interruption, deletion, delay in execution or transmission, computer viruses, breakage of line communication, theft, destruction, unlawful access or use, whether by breach of contract, professional misconduct, negligence or any other cause of action.
Subject to compliance with applicable laws, under no circumstances will we be liable to you for consequential, incidental, exemplary, incidental or punitive damages, including loss of profits, even if you have warned us of the possibility of such damages. Our liability for all other damages is limited to $100 CAD.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction