Last update : October 2019
By accessing, consulting, or visiting the websites http://www.complexechirurgicalcmc.com/, https://www.grsmontreal.com/, https://www.cmcmontreal.com/ and/or https://blog.grsmontreal.com/ (collectively the “Website“), by contacting us or by agreeing to receive emails from the CMC, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy. The Website and the various associated services are collectively referred to as the “Services”.
This Policy does not apply to websites operated by third parties. The CMC is, therefore, not responsible for their policies, procedures, or practices regarding the protection of privacy.
We do not collect, use, or disclose your personal information without your consent, except as required or permitted by law.
- Collection of Personal Information
In general, when you access, visit or use our Services, we may collect the following data:
On the website https://www.grsmontreal.com/
- On the “Contact Us” page: we can collect your name, first name, e-mail address, city, province, and country of residence, the subject of your request for contact, and the content of the message sent to us.
- When you contact us by phone: we can collect your last name, first name, e-mail address, city, province, and country of residence, the subject of your request for contact as well as the content of the message indicated to us, and any other information that you will communicate to us.
- In the “Submit a Testimonial” section: we may collect your last name, first name, e-mail address, city, province, and country of residence, the subject of your request for contact, and the content of the message sent to us.
On the Blog
- Newsletter Subscription: When you subscribe to the newsletter, we collect your email address.
- “Contact Us” section, specific to the Blog: we can collect your name, first name, your email address, and the content of the message sent to us.
On the website https://www.cmcmontreal.com/
- “Careers” section: we can collect your name, first name, sex, language (s) spoken and written (French, English), postal code, telephone and electronic contact details, your diplomas and professional experience, membership to a professional order, and any other information you provide us.
- “Contact Us” section: we may collect your name, email address, the subject of your request for contact, and the content of the message sent to us.
- When you contact us by phone: we can collect your last name, first name, the subject of your request for contact as well as the content of the message sent to us as well as any other information that you will communicate to us.
Automatically Collected Data:
- We also collect data when you visit our Website, including your IP address, the date, time and duration of your visits, and the pages you have visited.
Examples of cookies we use:
- Required Cookies – These cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the Service and the security of the Website. For example, necessary cookies are used to ensure the functionality of a change from http to https, or to remind you of your cookie preferences if you are prompted to accept or decline certain cookies. We are not required to obtain your consent for these cookies.
- Statistical Cookies – Statistical cookies help us, by collecting and communicating information anonymously, to understand how visitors interact with the Website.
- Marketing Cookies – Marketing cookies are used to track visitors through the Website. The goal is to display ads that are relevant and interesting to the individual user and, therefore, more valuable to third-party publishers and advertisers.
Some of our cookies are third-party cookies, which means that they are installed on your device by someone other than us. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to evaluate the performance of our Website; this is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports traffic on the Website. Google uses the collected data to track and control the use of our Service. For more information about Google’s privacy practices, please visit the Google Privacy and Terms of Service page.
We only store cookies for the time necessary to achieve the relevant purposes set out in this Policy.
- Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We take actions to ensure that only GRS Professionals (i.e. Complexe Chirurgical CMC health professionals and employees) who need to access your personal information in the course of their duties have access to it. We use and share your personal information primarily:
- to make full use of, maintain, improve, and provide all the functionalities of the Website, provide the services and information you request, respond to comments and questions, and provide support to users of the Website;
- to understand and analyze the usage patterns and preferences of our users, improve the Website, and create new products and services and new features and functionalities;
- to communicate with you, subject to applicable laws;
- for any other purpose as permitted or required by law.
In the event of a change of ownership, sale, amalgamation, liquidation, reorganization or acquisition of Complexe Chirurgical CMC, in whole or in part, your personal information may be transferred as part of the transaction.
- Retention of Personal Information
We will only use, disclose or retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data was collected and to the extent permitted or required by law. If you would like more information on the periods during which your personal information will be kept, please contact us using the contact details in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Information Security
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures to protect your personal information and other data from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or disclosure and modification. We have taken actions to ensure that only GRS Professionals who need to access your personal information in the course of their duties have access to it.
- Transfer of Personal Information
Your personal information is currently stored in Quebec (Canada). If need be, it may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we use third-party service providers. In the latter case, your personal information may be transferred to countries outside your country of residence, which may have different privacy rules than your country. If these data are outside your country, they are subject to the laws of the country in which they are located and may be disclosed to governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of that other country and in accordance with the laws of that other country. However, our practices regarding your personal information will at all times be governed by this Policy.
- Protection of Personal Information for Children
Our Services are not intended for any individual under 16 years of age (“children”). If you are a minor under the laws applicable to your place of residence, please do not provide us with any personal information without the express consent of a parent or guardian.
We do not voluntarily collect personal information from people under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you know that your children have provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from minor children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- Rights of Access and Rectification
Upon written request and presentation of a proof of identity, you may access the personal information we hold about you and, if applicable, request that the necessary corrections be made, as permitted or prescribed by law.
However, for the personal information we hold about you to be accurate and up-to-date, please notify us immediately of any changes.
We will update this Policy from time to time to reflect the changes in our practices, our technology, our legal obligations and other factors. Please see “Last Update” at the bottom of this page for the latest update of this Policy. Unless otherwise noted, any changes to this Policy will be effective immediately upon posting on this page in an updated Policy. By using the Website as a result of a change, you consent to the practices set out in the updated Policy.
To ask questions or make comments about this Policy or your personal information, request access or rectification, file a complaint, or obtain information about our policies and practices regarding our service providers outside Canada, contact our Privacy Officer by email at: email@example.com.